Thorny Lea Golf Club is an exclusive member-owned club that boasts a relaxed, but conservative dress code.
- Men's dress shirts, collared shirts, turtlenecks, or mock turtlenecks must be worn at all times. Tee shirts and tank tops are not permitted.
- Women's appropriate golf attire or dress attire is expected. Short shorts, mini-skirts, or midriff tops are not permitted.
- Golf shoes with soft spikes only are permitted in the upper clubhouse, deck, and porch.
- Appropriate shoes, sandals, dress boots are required at all times. Work boots are not permitted.
- DRESS denim is permitted in the Grille Room, Deck, Porch, and Pro Shop. Blue Denim is not permitted in the Ball Room, Dining Room or anywhere on the Golf Course including the driving range and practice area. Ripped and faded jeans whether aged or purposely manufactured are not permitted. Work jeans, drooping jeans, cargo jeans/pants or shorts are not permitted anywhere at Thorny Lea.
- Sweat pants and sweatshirts may be worn in the fitness area and locker rooms only. Sweatshirts and sweatpants are not permitted in the Upper Clubhouse.
- Hats, visors, caps are not permitted in the Upper Clubhouse. Ladies are permitted to wear hats, visors and caps in the clubhouse
- Tasteful and appropriate attire is expected at all times. All clothing must be neat, clean, un-tattered and respectful.
- Jeans will not be permitted at certain times and for certain events during the year (i.e., Easter, Mother's day, Christmas Party)
- Members not adhering to dress code requirements will be asked to change into the required attire. Please inform your guest of this Dress Code to avoid embarrassment. Infractions to the dress code policy will be handled at the discretion of the Thorny Lea Golf Club House Committee.